Hybrid Application Development
Hybrid Mobile Applications very commonly used like any other App on your mobile phone. You can easily download them from your app stores. What they actually are? Hybrid Mobile Applications is a combination of different elements of native and web applications.
These applications are developed only for one specific platform and installed on the device and can accessed on the device itself. Specific platform here would mean either android or IOS i.e. the App can be installed from Apple’s App Store or Google Play. Once installed it can take full advantage of all the devices features like camera, GPS, contacts etc. Native can also work even when there is no internet connection.
Mobile Web Apps
Mobile Web Apps are made preferably to run on multiple platforms but are made available only over the internet through a browser. Let us explain, Web Apps are basically websites though they look and behave like native apps. They are by and large written in HTML5 and run by a browser. Users first use them on the web page after which they will be redirected to its other linked URL. Once the user reached the landing page they will be asked to install it. Unlike native features web applications will utilise only some of the device features like GPS and tap to call.
WHAT IS HYBRID APPLICATION?
An Application that combines both native and web applications. It is primarily a web app but has an advantage to utilize native platform features and device hardware. Like the device’s camera, push notification, calendar all of these which a web application cannot access.
WHY USING HYBRID APPLICATIONS METHODOLOGY?
Since it follows one code and multiple platforms (iOS, Android etc.) therefore the development costs are less compared to native. The same HTML components can be used multiple times for different mobile OS. This drastically reduces development costs and efforts.
Easy to Maintain
The Hybrid App utilizes all the features of the smart phone unlike a pure Web App but a purely native app makes use of all the phone features, therefore it maintaining it costs for both users and developers. Updating takes a toll in the form of releasing new versions, but in Hybrid App updating is as simple as that of a webpage and can be done whenever required.
Results in the Best
Works both online and offline, with the same features, content and advanced offline capabilities. Visibility throughout the platforms is increased as the app is scalable and distributed to various platforms through Google Play, Apple stores and various other search engines.
FRAMEWORKS OF HYBRID APPS
- Ionic Framework is 100% free and a complete open-source SDK made use for hybrid mobile app development. It is built on top of Angular.js and Apache Cordova. Ionic makes use of web technologies like CSS, HTML5 and Sass to develop hybrid mobile apps. Once the Apps are built with the help of Web Technologies it is disbursed
- It is based on AngularJS Framework which helps building mobile apps really easy. Since angular is backed with developer community, this support will help developers to rectify issues they face during building up of applications.
- So Many Plugins to choose from: there are over 100 native device features like Finget Print Authentication, Bluetooth, HealthKit and many more with PhoneGap plugins and TypeScript extensions.
- Easy to Understand: With the never ending guides, component demos, how-to’s, real time examples anyone with basic computer knowledge can get started.
- Anyone with the basics of Bootstrap and Angular can make us of this framework to build HTML5 mobile applications. All you need to use is AngularJS directives and you are good to go.
- Clean and Alluring looking UI: The easy to use UI components like overlays, switches, sidebars, scrollable areas and perfectly positioned navbars help you build perfectly looking mobile applications.