SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLES
Waterfall ModelWaterfall model is the earliest and the most familiar process model to be introduced in software development. Also known as linear-sequential life cycle model, it is very easy to use and implement in software development. Green Apex makes it a point to conduct a total review at the end of each phase, to make sure the project is meeting its requirements properly. In the waterfall model, each phase falls in place one after the other. Only once the previous phase is completed, you can enter into the next phase. Therefore there is no scope of over-lapping of one phase with the other. Let’s have a look at how the Waterfall Model is designed.
Requirement Gathering and AnalysisAs the name depicts, this is the phase where all possible requirements of the project are gathered at one place and converted into a rich document. Green Apex has been following the DevOps approach since the beginning, in which the IT operations team, developers team and domain knowledge expert team sit together to discuss the requirement analysis. By following the DevOps approach Green Apex eliminates the redundancy during the run time, helps in phasing out complicated technical decisions to an extent and provides proper integration of domain and technology.
System DesignAll the requirements which are gathered from the previous phase are studied properly and a system design is prepared according to the software requirements. This design further helps in laying out the overall system architecture which includes the hardware and system requirements. Green Apex has hired the best system architects on board,who will carefully plan your project and present you with an exceptional design which will fit your project requirements accurately.
ImplementationImplementation phase is the stage where the ideas come to reality. Actual work is done here in terms of coding and execution of the design. The output of coding is the essence of the project and therefore will act as an input to the Testing phase. Green Apex developer’s use their best of knowledge and practice as required by today's industry and provide you with a very robust code which will match your idea perfectly.
Integration and testingOnce the Units are ready in the Implementation phase, they are now integrated into a system, after rigorously testing each phase. Once the entire system is integrated they are tested for any flaws and failures.There will be hardly any element of worry left, if associated with Green Apex, as we have the best testers and developers with us who will use their expertise knowledge to make the project without any possible errors.
Deployment of SystemFollowing the integration phase is the deployment phase where the product is introduced in the market. Rest assured,Green Apex will present you with a finely crafted project ready to be introduced to your customers right on time.
MaintenanceOur ultimate motto being customer satisfaction, once the product is deployed for customer use, Green Apex is right here for any implementation changes and maintenance of the product that might be needed over a period of time. For the better functioning of the product some new version may also be added and again released in the market.
When to use the Waterfall Model
- Waterfall model is used when the client requirements are very clear and well defined right from the beginning of the project.
- Waterfall model can be implemented when abundant resources along with skilled expertise are made available.
- Waterfall model can be used when the lifecycle of the project is small and teams are ready to work under a fixed pattern without any further alteration.
When not to use the Waterfall Model
- Waterfall model should not be used when the client changes requirements once the development process has started. Therefore the waterfall model lacks adaptability throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Since the waterfall model follows step-by-step progress, taking frequent client feedback is not possible. Therefore, if the client has provided a feedback late into the development cycle, then it will become costly as well as time-consuming for both the parties.
- Waterfall model cannot be implemented if testing has to be done during the development process. Therefore, the project implementation cannot be predicted until the last phase of the project. This will further involve high risk and ambiguity until the last phase.
Agile MethodologyAgile Methodology has a cloud of development processes accumulated in it. Out of the many, Scrum is the most sorted out and popular methodology Green Apex follows. Scrum is the most creative way of implementing Agile methodology. Scrum follows an iterative and cumulative methodology to get work done appropriately and on time. These iterations are time boxed alongside with other iterations and are set according to priority, each of this iteration is termed as a Sprint. Sprints are short but realistic representation of a product. The product owner puts these requirements in the backlog, Green Apex sorts the backlog requirements according to its priority perfectly and assigns a sprint time. Green Apex is well-known for efficiently completing the sprints within the specified time as per the clients demand. The product owner is someone who has a perfect vision about his requirements which are prioritized in the backlog. Green Apex Scrum Masters work closely with the product owner to understand the requirements well, to build up a successful project. Scrum Masters at Green Apex are focused towards their work and act as a medium of communication between the development team and the product owner. After a successful meeting, the Scrum master gets his best team on board and assigns the tasks to the specified tasks to the different team members. Green Apex has the best development teams who are expertized skill sets as required by today’s industry in different fields. The developers work as a team to present you with an ideal output right on time. Scrum Master is responsible to co-ordinate with his team daily and will always be ready to do anything to boost their performance. To get updated with the progress of the team, Green Apex scrum master’s hold a scrum stand up meetings for 15 minutes every day to review the work done by the project members. Green Apex has clear and visible goals and presents the same to the development team, our team work as a family to achieve the required objectives of the product owner within the given time.
Green Apex plans its sprints efficiently with a well laid out structure for every priority, by chalking out the progress by a well prepared Burnout Chart. This burnout out chart helps in keeping track about the day to day record or amount of work done, by our assiduous team.
When to use Scrum Methodology
- Scrum is best used when the clients insists for frequent requirement changes. Green Apex easily divides large projects into small and easily workable sprints to give you a successful end product.
- Scrum can be used when the client requires continuous feedback during the development process of the project. Since Scrum methodology is quick and rapid, Green Apex takes your feedback at every point from customers and project owners.
- Scrum gives exceptional results when the project life cycle is short. Since the advancements of the project are reviewed every day during the sprint reviews, the outcome of the project will be perfect. Green Apex strictly follows the review meetings every day for the better outcome of the requirements.
When not to use Scrum Methodology
- Scrum may not be useful if the tasks are not well defined, as this may create confusion. Therefore there may be misleading results which might increase the estimated cost.
Rapid Application Development (RAD)As the name suggests ‘Rapid’, this methodology is best suited when the client needs delivery of the product in a short span of time. RAD is an incremental model, where the advancements are divided into small pieces, given for review and then reorganized into a perfectly working model. The client can therefore provide feedback concerning his requirements. Green Apex team has the ability to adapt themselves to the changing technologies and will present you with an ideal product right on time.
Rapid Application Development (RAD) follows the following steps for delivering a successful product.
Requirement PlanningCommunication plays a major role in this phase, where the client and the development team sit together to do the planning of the project. Requirements are gathered for the development of the project in this phase. Green Apex team will assist you in building up a proper framework for the project to present you with the finest project.
System DesignThis is the second phase where the clients and the team of developers work hand in hand, to gather all the system inputs, outputs and processes. Green Apex uses the right mixture of Joint Application Development (JAD) techniques and CASE tools to build a product according to your requirements.
ConstructionThis is the phase where the actual development of the project starts. In RAD even during the construction phase any alterations from the client side are accepted anytime. Green Apex is glad to help the client with any changes during the development phase and is ready to welcome any changes during this phase.
CutoverThis is the last phase of RAD. Here the prototypes are individually tested and combined to form a system. The product is not delivered to the client. Green Apex tests all the components and will present you with a very potent product as per your requirements, which is ready to be placed in operation.
When to use Rapid Application Development (RAD)
- ince projects in RAD are divided into smaller prototypes and there is faster implementation and execution of the project. RAD is best used when the client wants to create a system in a very short time and review the project at every stage.
- RAD can be used when the project can be modularized, i.e. When the clients wants a system which can be divided into various prototypes and testing is done individually to each prototype.
- RAD can be best implemented when the clients is not sure about its requirements. It is very flexible and is open for changes any time during the development process.
When not to use Rapid Application Development (RAD)
- RAD cannot be used for small sized projects, since the project will be divided into prototypes. Therefore it will be difficult for dividing small projects into further small pieces.
- RAD cannot be implemented when the client is not available to be involved throughout the life-cycle of the project.
Green Apex defines matchless software development lifecycles which will help you to succeed. Be it a waterfall, Agile or RAD, we will guide you through the most powerful development solutions according to your business requirements. Connect with our development team for some right fit solutions which will match your thought process.